One of the best things to happen in your life is traveling in Maharajas Express. India has many feathers in its cap. This luxury train is one of them. It is labeled as the “world’s leading luxury train” and has obtained several domestic and global awards. This is the most expensive train of India…and if you want to splurge in the truest sense, book a suite or cabin in this train and go on a super luxurious vacation.
The train covers important tourist destinations of Central and North West India. Examples are Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur. These form the Golden Triangle tourist circuit. You also get to see Udaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Ranthambore, Balasinor, Lucknow, Varanasi, Gwalior, Ajanta, Khajuraho, Fatehpur Sikri, Mumbai, and others.
Exciting things you can do while on a Maharaja tour
- You can socialize with fellow passengers on board the luxury train sitting in comfy club armchairs in a royally decorated lounge, sipping your favorite wine. Isn’t this cool?
- The bookworms can find their loyal friend (books) in the train’s mini library.
- If chatting and reading are not your cups of tea, you can explore the Treasure Chest, which is a sophisticated boutique inside the train that features a superb collection of memorabilia and souvenirs.
- During your off-board excursion, you can shop till you drop at the bustling markets of Jaipur, Jodhpur, Agra, and more.
- The wildlife safari at Bandhavgarh National Park or Ranthambore National Park, depending on your tour choice, sets your adrenaline high. Ranthambore is known for its tigers, flora, and landscape, while Bandhavgarh is known for its world’s highest tiger density.
- How about riding a canopied camel cart and watching the sun set in the desert sand? This can be followed by champagne amidst folk dancers, fire eaters, and folk musicians in Bikaner.
- Ever rode on an elephant? Do it in Jaipur during an Elephant Polo Match. You can also paint these giant creatures and bathe them. Don’t miss the pompous performance by a band of drummers and bagpipers.
- Khajuraho drops your jaw through its light shows that illuminate the temples brilliantly. Know about the Chandela era and their splendid lifestyle through guided tours.
- Attend one of the most spectacular events at the holiest and the oldest city of India, Varanasi. The event is “Ganga Aarti.” Words are few to describe the event. It is best to experience it yourselves. Positive vibes radiating through each light, sound, and corner of the Ghat is mind blowing. It bathes you in spirituality.
Do the above and more while on a Maharajas Express tour. Activities and places to visit differ with the tour plan. One thing common about each tour plan is a visit to the Golden Triangle.
Give your taste buds a trip to heaven
Apart from the lip-smacking cuisines available in royal style in the dining cars of the Maharaja train, you get a chance to taste local flavor at each place you visit.
- Champagne breakfast atop Taj Khema is going to leave you speechless. The Taj Mahal at the backdrop makes for a perfect canvas.
- Relish a royal lunch at the Durbar Hall in Jaipur’s City Palace.
- Craving for a gourmet supper? Have it at Laxmi Vilas Palace where you can find a variety of traditional and international cuisines ready to tantalize your taste buds.
- How about a royal barbecue with the cocktail at Mehrangarh Fort’s royal courtyard? Seems like a royal idea.
- Want to eat while watching folk performances amidst the sand dunes and the sunset backdrop of the Thar Desert? This happens in Bikaner.
Maharajas Express tariff is different for different tour plans. Choose a plan and prepare yourselves for a unique vacation.