Bench tops are an important component of a kitchen. Benchtop cannot be replaced every now and then. So, the material choice must be perfect. There are various material options available for bench tops, and concrete is the most popular one. Other options in materials are granite and marble whereby marble is not the suitable option for the kitchen. If you are looking to make the stylish and durable addition to the kitchen, you may go for concrete benchtops. It is the popular material choice used by interior designers, architects and homeowners. Concrete has become a preferred material option for modern interiors. Concrete benchtops are durable, easy to clean and they have the excellent rust-resistant capacity. These benchtops cannot get affected by oil and greasy elements, and you can easily clean them with plenty of water.
Reasons to choose the concrete benchtops:
Concrete benchtops are versatile with natural looks and carry distinctive qualities. The material choice is extremely practical but has an artistic appeal. When the material is concrete, the creative possibility is endless. There are several companies manufacturing benchtops as per your needs and specifications. They may provide you different kinds of products whether according to your needs.
- The concrete benchtop is durable: Looking for durable benchtop with great strength? The concrete benchtop is perfectly meant for you. It will carry strength and is a durable option. Owing to the nature of the material, the concrete benchtop is scratch resistant and can also resist cracks and chips. Most of the benchtops carry a protective sealing. The protective layer can again help to resist stains and scratches and these benchtops may even last for more than 20 years.
- The benchtop is easy to maintain: When compared to other material options, concrete benchtops are far easier to maintain. The material is strong and durable and needs the least maintenance work. But, you need to be careful when placing hot things upon them. Be careful when you are using sharp knives. Just use lukewarm water and soap solution to wipe the surface. This will make the surface clean and flawless.
- It is cost-effective: The best part of using concrete benchtop is that it is affordable and cost-effective. It is even cheaper than granite and marble benchtops. In fact, the cost of concrete benchtop can even be half of granite or marble benchtop.
How would you maintain your concrete benchtops?
What makes concrete benchtop appealing is its unique sealing. If you are using benchtop in your bathroom or kitchen, you need to take care of it. The best part is that it is sealed in a perfect manner and so you need no such upkeep and maintenance. Do not use scrubbing pads to rub the surface. Strong cleaners can also do harm to concrete benchtop surface. The following are some of the tips you can follow:
- Use only soap and water mixture to wipe the surface. No extensive cleaning is needed. This is all due to the sealing. Whether the surface is porous or it is nonporous, soap and water work in the best manner. If there are stains on the surface, you can use the dishwasher to clear the stains.
- Use stain removers on the surface of the concrete benchtop to get rid of the stains. Stain removers are safe for porous or non-porous surfaces. You just need to spray the stain remover and wipe the surface. Even you can also clean the concrete benchtops with warm water mixed with few amounts of detergent.
Concrete benchtops can last for ages. They are durable and appealing choice. If you are looking to replace the benchtop, you may choose the concrete material.