Eating a balanced diet has long been the tradition not just in one country but all parts of the world. These traditional diets have a lot to offer and are a delicious way to reach one’s heart. It is full of essential nutrients and thus is very much healthy as compared to the modern day diets which lack in substance. Traditional diets contain the naturally grown products with the richness of the seasonal offerings and products related to a particular region, thus they are the best and cannot be kept in comparison with anything else. Modern diets stand nowhere to them and thus lack in essential nutrients and vitamins very much needed for the healthy mind.
Geoffrey Morell is in the support of these traditional diets as compared to the modern diets and convinces people to have the same for the well being and longer sustainability. These traditional diets are not just healthier but natural in its form and not processed in any way. They are not treated or have undergone any of the chemical processes like the tinned food which is bad for the health and thus not advisable in many of the cases.
Special Features of rich and healthy traditional diets
Traditional diets come with these special features, which are listed as below:
- It is a mine of vitamins and their presence cannot be denied at any point of time. Vitamin A and D are supplied to the body by the consumption of the same.
- Having raw milk straight from the mouth of the cow is ultimate and cannot be substituted by any other milk which is available in the larger supermarkets these days. It is the best and the purest milk, most natural and non-pasteurized.
- Presence of bacteria and enzymes in various food items add to the value of the same and make it even more nutritious and healthier. Thus, no one can ever deny their role or ignore the same at any costs for any of the reasons at any point of time.
Animal products are part of the traditional diets and contain some very special nutrients which the modern diets lack these days. Animal food has its own significance and must not be taken lightly. It is rich in different vitamins and amino acids, which are easily absorbed by the body and thus turn helpful for the same in any of its forms.
Geoffrey Morell is of the view that certain food items must be taken in their natural form and not in the processed form as tinned food. The reason behind the same is that it affects the body badly and is not good for the same. Now the question arises what all food items come under this category. Can one have a list of the same? Yes, very much and the list goes as below:
- Dairy products like milk, paneer, etc.
- Fruits and vegetables
- Whole grains to top the list
To sum it up all, one can very well say that traditional diets are always better than the modern diets and must be consumed without any second thoughts.